A Little Reading Material...

So at Bunko last month, a couple of friends suggested I write a blog about books I've read or am reading that I would recommend. Let me preface this by saying most things I've read come through recommendations from others. But I will pass along a few books I enjoyed or that impacted me in some significant way. I'll provide a little blurb about each but understand I certainly can not articulate in a brief sentence or two what these amazing authors have put together. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Parenting:
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch- this is a great short read filled with life lessons from a dying man. What I loved most about this book was his discussion on the impact the way his mother parented had on him fulfilling his dreams.
Five Conversations to Have with Your Son by Vicki Courtney- I'm 2/3 into this but I really love it. It hits home with how society has slowly turned boys into men who don't know how to be men and how mom's effect that. It gives lots of practical advice on raising your son to be a responsible husband, father and member of society.
Praying the Scriptures for Your Children/Teenagers by Jodie Berndt was a recommendation by my friend Deborah. These books offer advice on parenting struggles and struggles your children will face and how to pray for them.

Marriage:
Every Woman's Marriage by Shannon Etheridge- this is one of the best christian marriage books I have ever read but not for the faint of heart. She speaks very plainly about woman and how we typically "deal" with our husbands and even goes into bedroom issues.

Just because I personally thing EVERYONE should read these...
Night by Elie Wiesel
What's So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancy
The Shack by William P. Young

So there's a few recommendations for now. I'll add more as I think of them. Usually it's through conversations with my friends that these come up and I think of them.

Good Reading,
Brandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief

My Mom is Better Than Yours

Comfort Zone