He Makes All Things Beautiful...

So I happen to think when God is trying to teach us something he places reoccurring themes of His message all throughout our life. As I have joked with my bible study class, I am apparently in the remedial class on a few lessons He's trying to teach because I seem to have to learn them over and over. Anyway, recently this concept of God's love for us has been popping up everywhere. Now I know we are taught from a very young age "Jesus Loves Me" but how often do we REALLY ponder that thought. I was watching the Passion of the Christ Sunday night and a thought occurred to me. Think of the kindest, most giving, humble person you know. Now think of watching that person being almost beaten to death and then tortured on a cross all because of you...because of something you had done. Or imagine your child being tortured for someone else's crimes. That's how much God loves us. Amazing. And even more than that, it amazes me how he turns our messes into something beautiful. In my own life I have seen how He has turned the messes I have made into ways to bless my life and others.
All of my life I have always wished I was one of those quiet and gentle types. You know, the kind of woman that just seems to ooze grace. But I have always been your typical Type A, in control woman that usually has an opinion about most things and doesn't mind sharing them. But over the past few years I have learned to not only accept this about myself but I have come to realize that this can be a gift believe it or not! Who knew? Haha. God has been able to use that part of me to help hold my life together when it was falling a part. It has become the very thing that not only enabled me to survive hard times like divorce and cancer but to build a solid life for me and my boys. My "gift" of gab He has used to facilitate an amazing Bible study that is a HUGE blessing to my life. It truly amazes me at all the wonderful things He has done in me and through me. I guess that's why I love the song "Beautiful, Beautiful". It reminds me of God's love and how he can make something beautiful of our messes of life. Anyway, guess I just felt like blogging these "random thoughts by BB" :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief

My Mom is Better Than Yours

Comfort Zone